October is in full swing and the opportunities to get crafty this month are endless. One of our favorite festive treats is dipped in chocolate and filled with pumpkin cheesecake... need we say more? These mummy pops are so cute, it’s scary! And the best part? No baking required. We’ll show you how you can make your own and be the hit of any Halloween party dessert table.
You can find the original recipe (that we tweaked a little!) here.
- 1¾ cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 bags white chocolate chips
- red food coloring or icing
- baking sheet
- paper straws
1. Let’s get started! In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, canned pumpkin, powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cream cheese. Mix together. Melt in ½ cup white chocolate chips.
2. Cover and chill the mixture for about an hour, or until it is solid enough to begin rolling into balls. When it has a cookie dough-like consistency, roll into 12 to 14 balls and place a toothpick in each one. (We used these sandwich toothpicks because we had them on hand. And yes, Montana calls them party picks).
3. Melt the remaining chocolate in a small bowl and begin to dip each cheesecake ball in the chocolate. Make sure you thoroughly coat them and shake off excess. Place each ball on a foil covered baking sheet, stick half a paper straw in the top of each, and chill for 5 minutes, allowing chocolate to harden.
4. Drizzle melted chocolate over cheesecake balls and add dots of red icing (or food coloring!) for eyes. Store chilled!
Voila! These delicious little mummies are ready to be enjoyed by all!